The Pop Tarts - on the road to fame and fortune

Join us as we stagger towards universal domination as entrants in the World Series of Pop Culture.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Scary-Ass Application



Thursday, 26th January

Part of the application process is an actual application (go figure). It is four pages long and immediately causes Melissa to remark that it is harder than than Diane and Melissa's Syracuse University entrance application. For those of you who don't know, Diane and Melissa were friends and roommates from Syracuse University and Cindi is Diane's sister.

Some questions on the application include:

WHY DO YOU AND YOUR TEAM WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS COMPETITION?

IF SO, TELL US WHAT IS INTERESTING/CAPTIVATING ABOUT YOUR LIFE, YOUR TEAM, YOUR WORK?

WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT POP CULTURE? IS IT IMPORTANT? IF SO, WHY? IF NOT, WHY DO YOU STILL KNOW SO MUCH?

WHAT IS THE MOST EXTREME EXAMPLE OF HOW OBSESSED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE YOU ARE REGARDING POP CULTURE? DO YOU HAVE ANY COLLECTIONS/POSTERS/ FAN CLUB MEMORABILIA?

DO YOU THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE AN EDGE OVER OTHER CONTESTANTS IN A TRIVIA SHOW SETTING? WHY?

IF YOU WERE SELECTED AS ONE OF THE 16 TEAMS TO COMPETE, WHAT STEPS WOULD YOU TAKE TO PREPARE? OR WOULD YOU?

The application is intimidating, to me anyway. I figure I need to be witty and pop culture-smart when filling this out. So I stress about it all weekend. Luckily, my husband Paul is busy at junkets all weekend, so I have ample time to obsess. Personally, I think my application stinks and I am embarrassed to send it to Diane, team captain and lead organizer of applications and photos that have to be included. After I read Cindi's application, I no longer think my application sucks, I KNOW my application sucks.


Diane does a good job on hers too. With hers, she includes her photo with Chuck Woolery, which was a brilliant move. She and Chuck are like that....

Tuesday, 31st of January Diane submits the applications and photos and we wait. Wait, wait, wait. But we don't have to wait more than about 30 minutes to receive our answer from the producers of The World Series of Pop Culture.

Will we make it to the next round or are we going to get whammied?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home